Fitness by Farzan

Fitness/workout ramblings from this San Franciscan bike enthusiast/Personal Trainer/Strength Training Professional/Coach/racer gal!

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

JUST 2 MORE DAYS......

Then I'm heading north to the wild frontier for a week of fun and frolick in the land of salmon, bear, eagles and moose..

I arrive in Juneau where I'll I've entered the Douglas Island 1/2 marathon (got to see what it's like running with glacier views). Yes this is my LAST one then it's back to bikes, bikes, bikes :)

My sister will meet me there to cheer me on and then be my Alaska guide for the week. She is one of those eccentric Alaskan transplants who lives in the small town of Cordova (approx 2000 peeps) and loves it. Her job with the Forest service keeps her healthy, happy and able to live the lifestyle she adores. Me, I'd go crazy as I'm waaaay to social but hey to each his own.

After Juneau we will head to the booming metropolis of Cordova where we plan to stay in a Forest Service cabin (secluded hike in) followed by some rafting in a Glacier area. A bit of Peace and Quiet will do me good and spending time with my older sibling is something I don't often do.

I'm looking forward to immersing in the beauty of the land, the abundance of wildlife and the vast open space..... Good for the soul.

1 Comments:

Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

crazy.

take pictures.

but ... crazy.

10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home