Fitness by Farzan

Fitness/workout ramblings from this San Franciscan bike enthusiast/Personal Trainer/Strength Training Professional/Coach/racer gal!

Thursday, July 27, 2006



WHAT IS THE POINT? DOPING SUCKS 101.........

Although I want to give the accused the benefit of the doubt and want to believe there has been some snafu in the testing procedures combined with effects of the OK'd medication allowed for his other conditions (nacrotic hip, thyroid imbalance mixed with a bit of Jack Daniels and beer), it's hard not being skeptical. I want to believe he's clean but then again it's hard to believe that any of those guys at the top level of the pro peleton are clean. Or just about any Elite level Sport. I've spoken to Olympic level track and field athletes who confided they had to make a choice if they wanted to compete at the top level.

Even when I was competing at the amateur level bodybuilding contests and championships, the doping was rampant and it was certainly obvious who was on the juice. I was fortunate that I had no interest in going pro so drugs were not an option. However it was certainly frustrating going to competions after dilligently dieting for 6 months, working so hard practicing flexing and keeping my muscles looking taut when a juiced up girl would walk in and not even have to isometrically contract to show each cut. It seemed so unfair, but hey that's the name of the game and I knew that no matter what, I could go home knowing I achieved mine with hard work and discipline.

Nonetheless, I have read the many speculative articles regarding the testing procedures blah blah blah, and no doubt there can be mistakes and errors in the testing procedures.. BUT if there is a mistake and I hope so, will it truely erase the scarlet letters placed on Floyd's TDF win? D-O-P-E-R

But, if he is proven doping, will it stop the Peleton from abusing performance enhancing drugs or will they just get smarter about masking them?

Let's see what the B sample shows before we all condemn FL........

2 Comments:

Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

what is that monkey doing to that poor bird?

11:12 AM  
Blogger Nrjetik1 said...

I dunno, but I think when they are done they both will be smiling :)

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home