Fitness by Farzan

Fitness/workout ramblings from this San Franciscan bike enthusiast/Personal Trainer/Strength Training Professional/Coach/racer gal!

Sunday, July 30, 2006

ONE DOWN- ONE TO GO...............

Yes, for not really being a runner (I sort of feel like a cyclist incognito), I am pleased with running the San Francisco 1/2 marathon today in 2:12...I know, it's not very fast, but hell I'm no runner, I ride bikes, and just decided to take up this running thing cause I had to be off bicyling for 5 months while my stooooopid scaphoid needed a rest. To train, I never ran more than 2x a week and since I've been back on my bikes for about 6 weeks, I've been cycling more than running...But I got a fairly decent aerobic base and pain threshold, so I knew I wasn't going to be fast but then again I knew I could do it at that pace.

My friend, Dana she's a REAL CHAMPION. She's never done any kind of crazy event like this before and really hasn't been training for it all that long. Apparently at about mile 6 she had a hip flexor tweek but she hobbled all the way to the finish line. Afterwards, she could barely walk...But she did it. Congrats to her. she's much better off than the woman who came in behind me. As she passed the finish, it looked like she tripped and as she fell on to the man ahead, it was clear she had a convulsion of some sort. I immediately stopped and another man was tending to her as the Medic came running over. I hope she's ok.

Well, I got one more 1/2 marathon I commited to (next sunday in Juneau, Alaska) . Then it's all biking once again!!!

Don't get me wrong, I'm amazed and very respectful of those who are runners in body and heart. I have a hard time grasping that someone can run sub 6 minute mile for 26 or even 13, but they exist and more power to them. But then again, I have a hard time grasping someone can cycle in Hors Catogorie climbs in the Alpes at 18 MPH too...

Nonetheless, I am apreciative of being able to bike, run, walk, dance and use my body to it's fullest and plan to as long as it allows me to.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home