Fitness by Farzan

Fitness/workout ramblings from this San Franciscan bike enthusiast/Personal Trainer/Strength Training Professional/Coach/racer gal!

Thursday, July 20, 2006



FROM ONE DAY TO THE NEXT:




Once again sheer determination, mental and physical fortitude overcame the odds. Everyone wrote him off after his "bad day" on Wednesday. Even he doubted his chance (for at least an hour). Some how he had a turn-aound. I'm sure knowing you are going to have a hip replacement and really not knowing the overall implications toward a professional cycling career afterward may have been a factor. I'm sure there were many. Giving thanks to his team, Floyd said "
I was very disappointed yesterday, for a little while. Then I thought about it and my team has worked very hard for me to get here. For me to have a bad day was something I couldn't control. But today I thought, I could at least show them that I could keep fighting. No matter what, whether I win or not, I'm going to prove to my team that I deserved to be a leader. I didn't expect that I could do it quite that well. I thought they might be a bit disorganised if I attacked that early. You saw what happened."

All I know is that it's inspirational to see someone dig way deep and come back on top. Give everything they got for their dreams, their commitments to their teammates, families and of course their own aspirations.

We need more Floyds out there........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home