Fitness by Farzan

Fitness/workout ramblings from this San Franciscan bike enthusiast/Personal Trainer/Strength Training Professional/Coach/racer gal!

Saturday, July 22, 2006

OOH-LA-LA

So today I'm out on my bike doing my build back training program climbing hills in the heat, remembering how much easier it used to be when I fitter but I'm determined to get back there.

So I'm done with the efforts and now just have to cruise back to the City and for once the cool Pacific breeze is welcomed.

Since it's a fantastic day there are hordes of cyclists: lots of scary tourists riding bikes that don't fit them, mixed with the racing regulars, as well as all the local yahoos who own any and every sort of bicycle and only emerge when the weather is amiable.

At one point a guy rides up to me and introduces himself as one of the local team founders and asks me if I like being a Velo Bella and wanted to know if I'd join his team. In my head I was thinking "Are you a nut case" but with my tongue I explained the wonderful camradery of belonging to an All Women's bike team that is so diversified and supportive of all women bicyclists no matter how experienced/fit/focused one is. That I joined because I was previously on a local co-ed team and felt the womens team was very haphazard, had no one I could really learn from, and I desired the opportunity to be exposed to a greater number of experienced and accomplished racers/riders. There is no pressure to win, just do your best and keep learning.
He then agreed and said his team is just like that. I asked him how many women were there and he replied 8 but 7 of them are triathletes. I smiled and said "that's great" but still thought he was a nut case to even ask.... :)

Velo Bella Rules! I look forward to racing again.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

you said "amiable"

i thought i was the only one who used that word:-)

Velo Bella Rocks:-)

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home