Fitness by Farzan

Fitness/workout ramblings from this San Franciscan bike enthusiast/Personal Trainer/Strength Training Professional/Coach/racer gal!

Sunday, August 06, 2006


GO TO ALASKA, CLUB A BABY SEAL: what else????........I arrived in Juneau late Friday night after a flight delay to find rain, rain and rain. Saturday morning the weather was no different. The Juneau (Douglas Island) Marathon and 1/2 was ready to roll. Somehow, coming from the California sun, I wasn't too motivated to be running 13.1 miles wet. But what the hell, I was there. Man oh man, I got soaked and at times thought if I would have seen ANYONE (hint my sister) that I knew driving in a car, I would have conceeded and took a ride, but to no avail. I ran but not with inspiration. I was slow. My hands and legs were COLD and wet and the road was rolling but straight. The kind that allows you to see way to far ahead.... Since it was overcast and raining, there wasn't much to view so all I could think was "I can't see the finish, oh well keep running...." Eventually I made it to the finish....No more of those for me. At least for a while..

Today, Sunday we flew to Cordova, the sleepy fishing town of 2500 people where my sister lives. I'm a bit suspiscious as most folks wear "Extra-Tuffs" rubber boots and heavy duty rain pants....Rainfall is 160 inches a year. That's about 150 inches more than I like. I could never deal, but 2500 people somehow do and so shall I, for now....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home