Fitness by Farzan

Fitness/workout ramblings from this San Franciscan bike enthusiast/Personal Trainer/Strength Training Professional/Coach/racer gal!

Monday, August 14, 2006





THE GHOST OF BICYCLE PAST.......

I'ts certainly been a strange year. Sidelined by an elbow break and a non healing wrist fracture, my "normal" bike crazed adventures had to take a back seat.

No crazy 4 day Raid Pyrenees, No Marmot in the French Alpes, No European Col bagging in the Swiss Alpes and Dolomites, No high Sierra Epics, No Rocky mountain adventures and thank god :) No Everest Challenge..... Well at least not this year.

All in time. I will start plotting next year's Epic soon. I'm contemplating Le Trophee de L'Oisans which would be an a** kicking 4 events over 2 weekends. LaVaujany, Le Prix Des Grandes Rousses, La Marmot, and La Grimpee De L' Alpe. 3 out of 4 include Alp D'huez. The final race La Grimpee being a TT up Alp D'Huez...

www.sportcommunication.com has em all....check it out.. Maybe you'd like to join me. Then again, ah maybe not . You may be a bit more sane. I was able to coerce my bike racing friend Carrie to join me and she rocked! We both finished in decent time and enjoyed the experience. Crossing the finish line on the Alpe D'Huez after the Col de Croix de Fer, Telegraph and Galibier was a great relief. Hey Maybe I can get Carrie to come along again....

What am I crazy, well yes..How many other 40+++(geting closer to 50 than I'd like) year old women want to do such a crazy thing. Apparently not that many since I was the 10th in my age group when I did the La Marmot 2 years ago :)

So here I go, time to plot. Time to get my bike Mojo back in check. Nothing like a good physical challenge to keep me motivated..........Especially after this crazy year of involuntary bike limbo.

I'm not done !


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home