Fitness by Farzan

Fitness/workout ramblings from this San Franciscan bike enthusiast/Personal Trainer/Strength Training Professional/Coach/racer gal!

Wednesday, August 23, 2006



Just Another Day......

I generally finish seeing clients between 4:00 - 6:00 pm Monday- Friday. Afterwards I have a 35 minute commute by bicycle which is just enough time to rejuvenate, clear the brain, and get the blood flowing to give me a boost when I get home. I usually leave at 6:15 am so the time away from home is long but it always includes a lot of physical activity. Depending on my own training, the day, traffic etc. my commute energy varies. I usually ride the "Fixie" and somedays I fly while others, I trudge. What never changes is having to keep alert to wayward buses, cars, pedestrians and the oh-so-dreaded-evil San Francisco taxi drivers. You never know what they are going to do and about 90% of the time, you can bet they are going to accelerate through that yellow light and fly through the red.

My routine takes me up Sutter St. which is one way going west for a couple of miles before it becomes 2 way, filled with a gradual climb, a few rollers and eventually a great flat section. True fun on a fixie. Although the traffic is steady and fairly fast there is less mayhem that riding Market Street which is another blog in itself.

So yesterday is not unlike many others and I'm catching all the lights trying to stay to the right but occasionaly moving left to avoid the crazy right-turners who nver look for cyclists. I'm flying up Sutter and I see a cab on my left. I glance over to the driver and lo and behold, this guy is the spitting image of Osama Bin Laden. I kid you not. I think to myself "Shit, no wonder they can't find him, he's here in SF driving a cab and probably making decent $ as well". It's gotta beat having to come up with intricate terrorist plots and probably a bit less stressful....Now what's so weird is that this morning I read a blurbin the SF Gate from one of his mistresses:

Bin Laden's Mistress Reveals Whitney Houston Obsession

Osama Bin Laden once had the hots for Whitney Houston, according to a woman who says she had been Bin Laden's mistress against her will in the 1990s.

Sudanese writer and activist Kola Boof, 37, claims she was intimate with Bin Laden years before he masterminded the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, and in her autobiography, "Diary of a Lost Girl," she claims the world's most wanted man fantasized about pop star Houston.

In her book, Boof alleges Bin Laden joked about killing Houston's husband, Bobby Brown, and then inviting Houston to join his harem.

She says, "He had a paramount desire for Whitney Houston.

"He mentioned her constantly, how beautiful she is, what a nice smile, how truly Islamic she is, but just brainwashed by American culture and her husband."


Go figure??????

3 Comments:

Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

so ... all this crap coulda been avoided if Whitney had just laid Osama?

damn ~ it always comes back to that.

8:17 AM  
Blogger jAndy donka-donk said...

He wouldnt have capped bobby......

He would have found him very usefull with his Heroin trade and the hollywood cracked out connections he has......

mmmmm fixies.......

8:58 AM  
Blogger marscat said...

that's the oddest little story. very six degrees of Kevin Bacon-ish.

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home