Fitness by Farzan

Fitness/workout ramblings from this San Franciscan bike enthusiast/Personal Trainer/Strength Training Professional/Coach/racer gal!

Sunday, November 05, 2006


OK, where the heck have I been??

Up until yesterday I had never ventured via bicycle past the sleepy West Marin town of Inverness. Even though at times I ride the 100+ mile distances, exploring this area never crossed my mind. But to my good fortune, I was advised by the "Master of Bicycle Muppetry" to take a long ride and try tackling Pierce Point which would give
me 100 -110 miles of riding. "Great" I thought,"it's good to explore some new territory"....So I set off early Saturday am to meet a cycling friend in Fairfax who was game to ride in a new location too. On our way to Pt. Reyes Station, we encountered all the "usual suspects" of racers and seasoned regulars flying up and down the hills. I was content to keep our pace on the mellower side given the amount of miles I was about to do.
Just outside of Point Reyes, we turned off on Sir Francis Drake and headed out to Inverness. I had forgotten how relatively quiet it gets when you head out west. Tomales Bay was calm and clear...Then come the hills. Hmmm, I didn't think there would be so much climbing. Very few cars. Up and down past all the hide-a-way beaches and historic dairy farms. Then it's Up, Up, Up to the Tule Elk reserve. Those critters are everywhere! Even though we were probably only about 15 miles farther out than usual, it felt like we were somewhere completely different. The views of Tomales bay, the abundance of wildlife and the secluded rural roads are a cyclists paradise. Even though there was clumps of fog spots, likewise there was an equal amount of blue sky. Definitely a strange weather pattern, but beautiful nontheless.
No doubt, I shall return........especially if the "Master of Bicycle Muppetry" continues with his methodical plans.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

new coach? lucky you -- I hear he's awesome to work with.

Lorri

6:51 PM  
Blogger Nrjetik1 said...

No I've been a muppet for a year and a half. Just that dam wrist/elbow break got in the way...Yes he's got it goin'
I'm a happy muppetini.

7:01 PM  
Blogger shawnkielty said...

oh gosh -- what's a muppetini -- that's sounds like a great ride.

12:25 AM  
Blogger marscat said...

elmo's elk ride...i've yet to try it.

nice pics.

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home