Fitness by Farzan

Fitness/workout ramblings from this San Franciscan bike enthusiast/Personal Trainer/Strength Training Professional/Coach/racer gal!

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Getting My Fixed Gear Fix

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger or so I've heard.

Lately I've been on a fixed gear tangent. I barely want to ride my geared bikes.

Something about the simplicity of not having a shifting option, the purity of never coasting, and having to use the thighs to decelerate (althoughI do have a brake, I try not to overuse it) is just freeing.

I've been testing my strength and leg speed by climbing and descending some bigger hills such as Hwy 1 up to Pantoll and I rode the Alpine Dam Loop last Saturday. It was a blast!! 60 miles of fun. Can't wait to do it again. I guess this girl needs another fix :)

2 Comments:

Blogger shawnkielty said...

I was thinking about another bike -- maybe a fixed gear...

12:55 AM  
Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

60 miles including Alpine Dam on a fixie? Dang, I'm getting outta your way next season, Nancy! I think you're officially back in the game.

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home