Fitness by Farzan

Fitness/workout ramblings from this San Franciscan bike enthusiast/Personal Trainer/Strength Training Professional/Coach/racer gal!

Sunday, July 09, 2006


IN MY DREAMS..........

In the 1980's, Flo-jo was quite an inspiration to me. Even though I've never been a great runner, her speed, elegance, athletisim and femininity certainly had an impact on my own athletic endeavors. I knew I could push hard, and for me back then, it was with mountain biking, and at that point, I only knew of a handful or less of local serious mountain bike women. (Remember it was the 80's)

Flo-jo broke lots of records and looked cool doing it (ok maybe she was using performance enhancing drugs) but that's a whole other topic to blog :)

All I know is that she made having muscle and working hard still look feminine and for those of us women who happen to be more mesomorphic, it was a breath of fresh air.

As to running, well I certainly can't wait until August 5th when I will run my second (and hopefully last 1/2 marathon) this summer....My cycling legs are hungry and not quite to happy with this running thing. The bike is my true love, always was and always will be. So soon, it will gladfully be goodbye running shoes, and full time cycling cleats!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home