Fitness by Farzan

Fitness/workout ramblings from this San Franciscan bike enthusiast/Personal Trainer/Strength Training Professional/Coach/racer gal!

Sunday, July 02, 2006



COULD HAVE USED THIS TODAY :)

Ok, I've been back on the bike for nearly 3 weeks and slowly adding distance and intenisty. Even though I know I've been off the bike completely for 5 months and before that really didn't ride with the same kind of intensity that I was when racing after that dam crash at Pescadero. Since being on the Injured Reserve for 1 year, I know I have a lot of work ahead of me to get back to that kind of shape. I certainly am humbled on a daily basis. Today was no different.

I rode with my friend this morning who has been training and racing quite well this year since February...I guess people in shape forget what it's like to be out of shape cause he thought I was just doggin' it and at one point says "well at least you should get your HR to 140!" I sadly look down at my monitor and explain "ah, it's at 160 right now." I realized I was frustrating him but nonetheless, he lighted up and was kind enough to ride circles around me, try to give me slingshot pushes up the Bolinas Fairfax climb, and wait at the summits for this pathetic out of shape - once in shape bike gal. Yeh, yeh, yeh, I used to do that, I just to be this....No more used to be's. It's time to move forward but it's hard not to look back.

I got to remind myself, just like I do with my clients: Be patient, be consistent and don't give up. I will be back....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home