Fitness by Farzan

Fitness/workout ramblings from this San Franciscan bike enthusiast/Personal Trainer/Strength Training Professional/Coach/racer gal!

Saturday, July 08, 2006




I LOVE MY BIKE :)

I am so happy to be back riding and getting my bike fitness back. Although I tried to keep myself as fit as possible during the 5 month layoff, it was still eye opening when I got back on the "real" bike. Wow, nothing simulates the hills or the motivation to keep the pace up with others as well as the overall handling like being out on the road.

It's been about 3 weeks now that I've been training and it feels like I'm slowing coming back. It's amazing what we take for granted when we do something regularly and apply some effort. At that point, it almost seems easy :)

It's apparent now that I have a lot of work to do to get back there but I know it's coming back and that feels good! Nonetheless, I appreciate being able to be back riding, breathing/gasping the summer air, getting a farmers tan, dodging bee stings, avoiding broken glass, skipping past pot holes and flailing past people opening parked car doors....Ah yes road cycling rules!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home