Fitness by Farzan

Fitness/workout ramblings from this San Franciscan bike enthusiast/Personal Trainer/Strength Training Professional/Coach/racer gal!

Saturday, June 09, 2007


WOOD AND 45 DEGREE BANKING:

WOWWWW!!!


Just for fun, I took a little road trip to Carson, CA to participate in women's day at the ADT Home Depot velodrome.

Unlike Hellyer, the track is wood, ony 200 meters and got some steep 45 degree banking. It's a bit intimidating when you stand above and look down but then again, it's just as intimidating when you are on the apron and look up!

The feel of the wood floor is completely different from concrete and oh-so nice. We were drilled that in order to ride at the rail, you need to maintain a certain speed as not to slip.

However once you get going and venture up to the blue line, it all makes good sense. Once I got my courage and speed up, the rail was a must.....Holy moly what a rush. I had a blast.....The hypnotic rhythm of pedaling in circles, the speed and power that flows from the legs is definitely a form of cycling like n
o other.....I can't wait to go back...


7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, that looks intimidating!

you look great! so much fun!

9:57 AM  
Blogger Nrjetik1 said...

Flandria,
YOU are going to love it!!

2:02 PM  
Blogger marscat said...

hey, i have that bike.

fun!

3:22 PM  
Blogger shawnkielty said...

I want to do that...

12:56 AM  
Blogger EB said...

I spied a certain Bella while walking to work this morning...

8:27 AM  
Blogger Nrjetik1 said...

Panda- Moi???? do you live/ work in the city? somehow I thought you were an East Bay gal.

9:47 AM  
Blogger EB said...

I live in Oakland but work in SF. You were screaming around a corner by the Embarcadero Center.

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home